Whether you find technology scary or fun, you'll be sure to enjoy all there is to see and learn at this year's Information Technology Open House on Thursday, October 27, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., in Meyer and Green Libraries. Last year's Halloween theme was so popular with faculty, staff, and students that we're doing it again-so mark your calendars and get your costumes ready!
This year's event will be bigger and better than ever, as it combines the annual Open House with the Campus Wide Agreement Show. In joining ITSS and Stanford University Libraries & Academic Information Resources (SULAIR) as an open house sponsor, CWA brings more than 15 vendors, who will be on hand to show their latest products. ITSS and SULAIR gather representatives from over 30 campus-wide technology services groups to provide information and advice about Stanford's rich technology resources. See also SULAIR Resources on Display at the IT Open House in this issue.
The IT Open House offers a unique opportunity to "one-stop-shop" for information on:
- Purchasing computer equipment and software through Stanford programs;
- Connecting to SUNet from home;
- Protecting computers from viruses and spyware;
- Taking advantage of library resources and services;
- Using technology in the classroom: programs to help in teaching, course software, data collections available for research and instruction; and
- Much more!
And where else can you find a group of wizards just waiting for your hardest tech questions? Bring your tech conundrums to ITSS's "Quiz the Wizard" panel.
Come for the educational value and stay for the fun. There will be plenty of both, with refreshments, raffles, and gifts as well.
Check the web page for details: