Looking for medical information? Lane Medical Library's redesigned LaneConnex Web site was released on November 7, 2007. An improved metasearch and an expanded number of specialty portals enhance access to all your favorite medical information resources. Other enhancements, based on user assessment studies conducted February-June, include:
- Faster search response time.
- A more prominent location for the LaneConnex search box.
- New options for searching the Anesthesia, Cardiology, Internal Medicine and LPCH portals.
- A dynamic photo gallery with spotlights on the home page.
- Data-driven "Most Popular" highlights.
- A slimmer version of the Clinical Portal, highlighting evidence-based resources.
- The first release of SmartSearch, a query enhancement project that suggests additional items from a select list of high-value clinical resources. (Try a LaneConnex search of ibs and see the resulting highlighted online textbooks.)
Additional user testing is underway to identify further enhancements. Any and all feedback is most welcome.