Stanford is one of the initial academic institutions to have access to SciFinder on the web, since I am on the CAS Academic Advisory Committee. SciFinder is a research discovery tool that allows you to explore the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) databases that contain literature from many scientific disciplines including biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, material science, agricultural science, and more. For Web access requirements information, see:
Mac Users: All text searching features are available but structure and reaction searching won't be available for several months.
Personal Registration and Login Required
Each user will need to register and create a user name and password for login.
Privacy of Registration Information
Customer privacy and data security are primary concerns to CAS. No personal information collected during product registration, such as name, address, and phone number, will be given or sold to any outside organization for its use in marketing or soliciting without customer consent. Likewise, the information will not be shared with agents or contractors of CAS for the purposes of performing services or providing support for CAS.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- I will not share my username and password with any other person.
- I will search only for myself and not for others or other organizations.
- I will not use any automated program or script for extracting or downloading CAS data, or any other systematic retrieval of data.
- I may retain a maximum of 5,000 Records at any given time for personal use or to share within a Project team for the duration of the Project.
- My organization's SciFinder License and the CAS Information Use Policies apply to my use of SciFinder.
- I will contact my SciFinder Key Contact if I have questions.
SciFinder Scholar 2007 Software Also Available
SciFinder Scholar 2007 software (SFS) for Macs and PCs is also available for downloading. See SciFinder Scholar 2007 Finally Available at Stanford.
For Assistance or More Information
Please contact me if you need any help (Grace Baysinger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-725-1039).